When a song is written, there are certain rights that are connected to the song and are by default, owned by the writer/s of the song. Such rights are:
- the right to reproduce the song in any format – CD, cassette, DVD, Video, digital etc.
- the right to print the song, including music and lyrics
- the right to perform/communicate the song in a public place
- the right to broadcast the song (including TV, radio and the internet)
- the right to make an adaptation of the song – arrangement, translation, etc.
- the right to be attributed or credited as the author
- the right to prevent uses or modification of their song that would prejudicial to the writer’s reputation
You can find further information about copyright here.